Monday, June 23, 2008

One last painting, maybe two?



I came back for lunch and the clouds came up again really beautifully. I knew it would be good up at the ranch so I took off again. This is what I meant before about when its just so beautiful one doesn't have to think twice. I'm just up there painting.

I went back to the Ghost Ranch but the clouds were wrong and it was better to paint to the west, which is O'Keeffe's Pedernal. I'm wondering about painting all these monuments.





I got myself painting though, this summer, by saying I'd go back and paint all of that again.





By now I happy just to be home, the clouds and dancing shadows on the hills behind my studio are really just amazing too.

I keep thinking I'm a bit like Candide after all the adventure and life's struggle, I'm best off in the backyard, working in the garden? Well, I'm tired tonight, that's an easy thought.

No comments: